Saturday, September 29, 2007

Talkin' Sweet Jesus on the Sabado



The NEW Jesus..
I believe this IS IS his real name. ISSA, perhaps?

(Male super model..fwiw)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My parents are living in the house I grew up in. Louie has been their neighbor for 47 years. I played with Brenda, and Linda who were Louie and Wanda's children. We used to play QUEENs and KINGS...and fight over who was the Queen. Linda usually won because she was older.
Three years ago Brenda shared her genealogy with me. Our families in this life are middle class, living in homes purchased in the 50's, new for 10-15 K. We discovered late in life that we are related to the offshoots of Le Conquorer..they through Edmund, father of the Black Prince, and we on mom's side to Edward, father of Thomas of Woodstock. William Shakespear had fun with those ancestors...Hehe.
Brenda has recently moved home to care for Louie and her adopted son., and I see her sometimes when I'm at my parents home.
Louie had a garage for his motor bike, attatched to the house where we kids in the neighborhood played. Louie loved Vargas...hehe, and so did the neighborhood boys. It was strange for lil' miss lani who, for her first, second, third and fourth grade, attended Notre Dame parochial school. (I alway threw up after madatory confession. Not a joke!!) *~*~lala

Soooo....back to Louie. He kept his "naughties" in the pure light of day. He's an awesome guy, and almost died recently. Wanda died , goddess rest her soul, two years ago. We were naughty children yes, but oft' the naught was directed to she who "cannot look because you go to Catholic School". Thus began my ostracization from "the others". I learned to love adult conversation, and had a few great kid friends. Now, this reformed Catholic says to enjoy life always. Hedonism only destroys brain cells...and many a Catholic Priest were drunk in our home ...tipping whiskey with the parents. Father Fagan (no kidding) smoked pot...and ran away with a nun. (I was his minstral playing music for folky mass until age 16!!)

Trees are fun to climb as kids...but this tree finds lila time traveling often through fictional history, mellow musing, and through reading about the past.
Religion no longer has a hold on me. Only the wind, rain, sun, moon and stardust do.
The church of the holy earth is always eager for tending.